H.S.I. Kawasaki 550 SX (1991-1995 reed engine) 44mm Mikuni SBN Complete Carb Setup
Are you tired of chasing your tail trying to get your Keihin carburetor running right? Switching to an SBN on that ski is by far the best decision!
H.S.I. BUILT - Performance SBN 44mm jetted to spec for your application, ready to bolt on! The carb comes pre-setup with primer fittings & tee-handle adjusters already installed! This carb setup will work great paired with a stock to modded engine. If you're heavily modifying your 550sx and wanting ultimate performance, a dual SBN 38mm+ carb setup may be the better route for you!
What intake option should I select for my 550sx?
- Option 1: PJS K550sx Intake Manifold for Mikuni SBN - Overall the PJS manifold will flow better than the OEM intake and for performance, is the better option to go with.
- Option 2: Keihin (38mm) to Mikuni Adapter Plate - IF YOU DO THE ADAPTER PLATE - you will need to get your intake manifold port matched to the 44mm plate/carb.
The total for the adapter plate kit is $489
The total for the full kit with manifold is $624
The carb setup includes:
- Billet throttle drum (color of your choice)
- Air filter adapter (low type)
- Tornado air filter (color of your choice) **550sx REQUIRES a shorty 1.5” air filter (no purple or gray)
- Carb base gasket
- Flame arrestor gasket
- Intake / Reed gaskets (4)
- Slimline fuel line filter
- Intake manifold OR adapter plate
ADD ON OPTION - if you don’t already have a primer, you will need to get primer line (we will match color best to your accents choose), a primer line tee, and a primer plunger.
PLEASE NOTE: Include in the notes section at checkout the elevation where you ride, and if your ski has a stock or aftermarket exhaust. *This carb setup usually takes 3-5 business days to be fit into the service schedule for assembly - we will email you to verify prior to assembling.
** H.S.I. is not at fault if you run this carb setup on an application that the carbs were not set up for