H.S.I. Kawasaki JS550 Piston Port 44mm Mikuni SBN Complete Carb Setup
Are you tired of chasing your tail trying to get your round body (BN) Mikuni carburetor running right? Switching to an SBN on that ski is by far the best decision!
H.S.I. BUILT - Performance SBN 44mm jetted to spec for your application, ready to bolt on! The carb comes pre-setup with primer fittings & tee-handle adjusters already installed! This carb setup will work great paired with a stock to modded engine. *This carburetor requires a throttle cable with a barrel end.*
What intake option should I select for my model of Kawi JS 550?
- Option 1: Mikuni 38mm BN carb (3-bolt top of carb / 1982-1985) - you HAVE to go with the PJS K550PP Intake Manifold for Mikuni SBN.
- Option 2: Mikuni 44mm BN carb (4-bolt top of carb / 1986-1990) - You can choose to stay with your OEM intake manifold and use the spacer plate needed to clearance the SBN carb OR go with the PJS K550PP Intake Manifold for Mikuni SBN - Overall the PJS manifold will flow better than the OEM intake and for performance, is the better option to go with.
The total for the adapter plate kit is $484
The total for the full kit with manifold is $624
The carb setup includes:
- Billet throttle drum (color of your choice)
- Air filter adapter (low type)
- Tornado air filter (color of your choice)
**TORNADO FILTERS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE FROM TAU CETI - YOU WILL BE DEFAULTED TO A BLACK PROK 2.0" FILTER WITH YOUR CARB SETUP. WE WILL ISSUE A REFUND FOR THE FILTER PRICE DIFFERENCE ONCE THE ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED. THANK YOU.
- Carb base gasket
- Flame arrestor gasket
- Intake gaskets (4)
- Slimline fuel line filter
- Intake manifold OR spacer plate (extended hardware included)
ADD ON OPTION - if you don’t already have a primer, you will need to get primer line (we will match color best to your accents choose), a primer line tee, and a primer plunger.
PLEASE NOTE: Include in the notes section at checkout the elevation where you ride, and if your ski has a stock or aftermarket exhaust. *This carb setup usually takes 3-5 business days to be fit into the service schedule for assembly - we will email you to verify prior to assembling.
** H.S.I. is not at fault if you run this carb setup on an application that the carbs were not set up for